Friday, September 30, 2011

Sew New!

I picked up this cute little sewing machine table a few weeks ago.  I love her legs.   She didn't have the sewing machine inside anymore but there were still cords and other stuff hanging in there.  The bottom was just a flimsy curved board.   
 So I painted and stencilled her and took her to the Vintage Market.  There were plenty of people that looked at her, a few seemed to be seriously interested but then they would open the top (because the top opens up from the right to the left)  and see that there was just junk inside.  I don't know what I was thinking when I decided to leave her insides intact.....maybe I thought that someone might be brave enough to put their own sewing machine inside and make it functional in some way. 
There's also that cute little handle in  the front that opens up that door (it's not a drawer) but it just opened up to a piece of wood with a hole in it.  Not sure what it was there for but it wasn't for storage and that's what people assumed it was.
The gaping hole and junk inside turned people off.  They were expecting to be able to put stuff inside. SO, I put my super hunky handy man to work and he pulled out all her guts, cut out the board that was on the other side of the door to no where and then nailed in a bottom.....so now it's functional!

It's hard to see inside since it's black. There is still however a small hole in the back for a cord.  I hope that doesn't discourage a buyer. :/

I think she's adorable!  She'll be at the Thieves Flea Market in Cave Creek tomorrow!

Linking up to:



Photobucket

8 comments:

Just Jaime said...

Good luck tomorrow! Great job!

The Geiser Family said...

awesome-ness. :)

Woodooz said...

Very beautiful... Personally I have not seen much stenciled work being sold off the shelf in India... It is really amazing what it can do to the finished look. Would sure love to try it some time. And good luck with the sale :)

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

This looks great!!!

Shannon said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!
I have never come across a sewing table with those Qt legs. What a great find. The B&W is darling =) I'm sure she'll get snapped right up.

Decor & Harmony said...

Great restyle! I love the white handle, its a nice touch with the stencil.

Angela said...

Looks awesome! :)

Courtney said...

This is totally awesome! I just love it! I would love if you would come link this up at the Thursday Crazy Cute link party today!

www.betweenuandme.com